Bonu’ Taverna now open at 601 Central Ave, St. Petersburg and is a mix of Mediterranean Italian featuring a menu that is designed to not price out the locals, while providing something for everyone at any time of day.
“Come as you like and be who you are,” partner Mia Maccarrone said. “Join us, eat with us, have fun with us, and travel with us to Italy for the night.”
The chairs and benches were made locally and entirely with reclaimed wood to honor the history of the building while also showcasing local makers, artists and products.
The restaurant also features a wine cellar complete with bar seating, and an event space expected to be filled with local art.
Check out some of the menu:
Pinsa is a style of hand-pressed pizza dough that has been a part of Roman artisan baking and cooking for over 100 years. The name pinsa is derived from the term “pinsere,” which means “push the dough by hand” in Latin.
- RUSTICArosemary, oregano, EVOO, sea salt
- BRONTE stracciatella, toasted pistacchio, mortadella
- REGINAfior di latte mozzarella, tomato sauce, basil
- DIAVOLINAtomato sauce, mozzarella, spicy Calabrese salami
Italian Cured Meats & Cheeses
- GRANDE prosciutto di Parma, sopressata, Genoa salame, cacio di Roma, black pepper pecorino, parmigiano reggiano, taralli, pickled vegetables
- GRANDIOSO mortadella, sopressata Calabrese, prosciutto di Parma, bresaola, cacio di Roma, fontina, pecorino piccante, burratina, taralli, mixed olives, arancini, pickled vegetables
- GRANDISSIMO capocollo, prosciutto di Parma, sopressata Calabrese, mortadella, bresaola, Nduja, stracchino, gorgonzola, ricotta fresca, pecorino piccante, cacio di Roma, pepato, taralli, gnocchi fritti, bruschettina, olives